Sunday, January 15, 2017

A Good Name

One of the things that has stood out to me since becoming a missionary is  the power that comes from having Jesus Christ's name on my shirt and coat at all times. When we are baptized we promise to take Christ's name upon us. I have always  loved that commitment  because I reminded me that I was part of Jesus Christ's  church and I was committed to following Him. But now everyone knows that I follow Jesus Christ every single time they see me.  When  I have doubts on whether or not I can be a missionary I just look down and see that name tag and am reminded that I can look up to my Heavenly Father and my brother Jesus Christ because they have called me and I have been given the authority and responsibility to teach the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Proverbs 22:1 "A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold."  

My name is Sister Duersch now and I am thankful  for the blessing of having Jesus Christ's  name on me at all times and his guidance as I start my Mission and do things I am sometimes scared to do.
Love you all!
Sister Duersch 

-The picture is of me and my companion Sister Ti'a

1 comment:

  1. You've exactly captured how Sara and felt about the name tag when we were serving. Great to hear from you. Best wishes, Bruce and Sara

    ReplyDelete